Ex hairdresser and now business coach to hairdressers, Lisa Conway, reminds us of some fundamental business and marketing principles that when applied will skyrocket any type of retail business.
“The first problem is, most (business owners) never buy what they sell. I call them vegetarians that work in butcher’s shops! It’s all wrong. If you don’t ever buy what you sell, how would you know what it’s like?” – Lisa Conway
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about to grow your salon business (or any retail business), then you’ll get this answers in this interview:
- What are the fundamental business and marketing principles I must apply in order to grow my business?
- Should I own a niche or be a generalist?
- How do I choose a niche?
- What are most Salon Owners doing wrong?
- How do I create a memorable customer experience?
- How do I price my services?
- How do I attract, retain and manage great staff?
- How many hairdressers does it take to change a light bulb?!
At 18, Lisa Conway discovered her passion for hair and beauty and has never looked back. With over 30-years experience working in then owning Salons, Lisa knows a thing or two about what it takes for them to succeed. She now spends her time helping other Hair and Beauty Salon Owners grow business they love through her current business, ZING Business Coaching.