Lisa is adaptable across an incredible range of speaking and presenting topics.
From micro-topics and super-targeted themes, to big ideas around mindset and totally morphing your business, Lisa will educate, motivate and entertain your group through a laugh-filled session. Every presentation is driven by storytelling and real experience, and is tailored to your audience, event theme and objectives.
“Get real, learn how to engage and stop hiding behind the
limiting beliefs that hold you back.”
This is the key message I plan to embed in the thinking of Salon Express leaders and team members during this presentation.
It’s one thing to excite a room but it’s another to get lasting change. My method is to go back to the main core of what hairdressers do and energise them around what that really means. I make certain the learnings stick by:
- Involving the whole team – managers, leaders, team members – because things always get lost in translation
- Equipping everyone with the resources they need – they go away with practical tools to implement the new ideas and changes
- Being real – I’ve worked the salon floor, I know how it feels. I understand how to engage teams to not only learn what to do, but also to want to do it.
Unblock the blockages. What stops the Salon Express team members recommending products to client?
I will address specific and more generic limiting beliefs versus truths, including:
- Clients come to us for a quick service, not a consultation / They come for quality, that includes not skimming over the big picture; if a client has dry hair, surely she’d be delighted to find out how to fix it
- They don’t come here to buy shampoo / They’re buying it somewhere, they might as well get it from you along with professional advice on the right product for them
- I’m not a salesperson / It’s not about selling people stuff, it’s about solving problems. That’s your job
- I’m too busy / Everyone’s busy, everyone’s got 24 hours in the day
Other topics might include:
handling rejection or assuming what the client can afford to pay.
Once we remove all these blocks, nothing stands in the way.
Core message here is:
Imagine if everyone on your team understood the value of express service but didn’t compromise the quality to achieve it. If the quality is there (delivering knowledge, skill and solutions) and the client still gets their service done fast … the magic happens; that’s when you really nail it.
Nailing the consultation.
Engage the client so the client’s needs are met. The consultation is central to getting the job done.I propose unpacking the process of client consultation and how to get it done efficiently and effectively:
- Step-by-step framework of the consultation process, including sample scripts
- Break-out into rooms for role play to provide a real, face-to-face experience of how it works
- Tips + tricks for handling tricky clients and situations
Entrepreneurism is for grown-ups. It’s not guesswork or luck – it’s about being in control, knowing your NUMBERS and understanding YOU are responsible for your debt, for every dollar that comes in and goes out of your salon business. Debt comes from your past actions and wealth comes from your future actions. Learn how to make the switch today, and you’ll soon be cartwheeling through your bank statements.
Are you a “same again” hairdresser, a “yes I can” hairdresser or a “suggestion” hairdresser?
How to recommend product, start “tell-don’t-sell” conversations, eliminate blocks and transform your mindset about retail.
HOW to recommend RETAIL with an entrepreneur mindset. The ultimate retail-to-riches story starts in your head. That lifestyle business you crave? The dollars for your next holiday getaway? It’s all lurking in your RETAIL shelf. Learn WHO and WHAT’s been holding you back until now. It’s 2018 – you have a myriad of product (and product companies) to help you solve your clients’ problems. Master telling (not selling) and discover how kick-arse retail can change your life.
This is the key message I plan to embed in the thinking of Salon Leaders and team members during this presentation. This mantra builds on my anchor topic for 2018 – the switch between being a salon owner and being an entrepreneur. And for this roadshow, I plan to give the action blueprint a “retail kickstarter” theme.
BIG versus SMALL.
Here’s how my presentation unfolds:
Acknowledge the problem. I explain how too many of you are stuck in the task, in the everyday salon slog, busy being busy. So stuck, you can’t see the broader landscape, the fresh thinking that’s out there and the potential in each of you to create (or contribute to) a thriving salon business.
Introduce the solution: The aha moment! You can do all the BIG picture thinking you like, but if you’re not nailing it SMALL, you’re wasting your effort. You need to translate high-stake mindset into everything you do. You need to be absolutely nailing it: client by client, chair by chair, day by day.
The retail connection: Imagine if every client left every appointment with all the tools and knowhow they need to manage their hair between visits. Now, that would be nailing it!
As Salon Leaders, you make seven common mistakes that hold you back from greatness. One by one, I unpack the seven mistakes (citing examples around retail) and explain how they undermine your success and how you can overcome them, centring on:
I give you business smarts, know-how, tips and tricks you can take away and start implementing the very next day. My core gift? The confidence to see yourself as an entrepreneur and start taking the journey you were born to.